Nassau County Criminal Defense Lawyers Defending Your Rights
Decades of combined experience across a broad range of legal areas
Choosing the right criminal defense attorney for your case can be one of the most important decisions you ever make. Criminal charges jeopardize your freedom, your reputation, and your financial solvency. If you or a loved one faces such charges, you need experienced, reputable help.
The Nassau County criminal defense lawyers of Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC are all former district attorneys. They understand how law enforcement and prosecutors build cases, and can use that knowledge to help build the strongest possible defense for you.
Experience handling cases involving a broad variety of criminal charges
The Nassau County criminal defense attorneys at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC can use their prosecutorial experience to help defend you against numerous types of criminal charges.
- Drug offenses involve any charges related to the possession, manufacture or sale of narcotics or other controlled substances.
- Drunk driving charges are brought when the state suspects you have operated a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Misdemeanors are less serious crimes than felonies, but can still carry serious penalties.
- Traffic violations carry penalties that can affect your life and livelihood.
- Felonies are very serious crimes that may call for mandatory prison sentences, high fines or asset forfeiture.
- White collar federal crimes are nonviolent crimes and financially motivated, but still carry serious penalties. They may include money laundering, conspiracy and other economic crimes.
- Sports nutrition and anabolic steroids have highly specific laws regulating their use and control, and few firms have more experience with alleged violations of these laws than Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC
- Sex offenses, including child pornography and accusations, and cases of domestic violence can be exceptionally difficult to defend, as prosecutors tend to pursue such convictions with unusual tenacity.
- Theft and burglary involve, respectively, taking items that belong to others and breaking into or remaining in buildings or homes without consent and with the intent of committing a crime inside.
- Arson is intentionally or maliciously lighting objects that belong to others on fire.
- Homicide and murder occur when one human kills another unlawfully. Murder is distinct from the lesser form of homicide known as manslaughter in that murder involves an intention to kill.
- Fraud is the intentional deception of another in order to gain personally or to damage the other party.
- Embezzlement involves intentionally and dishonestly taking assets that do not belong to you.
- Internet hacking is one of the fastest-evolving areas of criminal prosecution today.
Decades of combined experience working for you
At Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC, we understand the mentality of a prosecutor and we put our knowledge and experience to work developing solid and ethical legal defenses against criminal charges faced by our clients. We are proud to provide every one of our clients with ethical, solid legal representation throughout Nassau, Suffolk and the metro New York area. Contact us online or at 516.294.0300 today.