Nassau County Criminal Defense Attorneys with a Reputation for Excellence
Solid criminal defenses built by former Long Island Assistant District Attorneys
Criminal cases involve the most serious offenses in the American judicial system.
Unlike civil cases, where the dispute lies between two or more private citizens, criminal charges are brought by local, state or federal governments. So when you find yourself facing such charges, you are actually up against a government entity and all of the money, time and resources it can wield. If you face criminal charges on Long Island, you need experienced legal counsel. You need the Long Island criminal defense attorneys from Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC.
Any criminal conviction carries the possibility of severe penalties if you are found guilty:
Types of criminal charges
The Long Island criminal attorneys at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC possess decades of combined experience handling criminal cases involving:
- Drug offenses involve any charges related to the possession or sale of narcotics or other controlled substances.
- Drunk driving charges are brought when the state suspects you have operated a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Misdemeanors are less serious crimes than felonies, but can still carry serious penalties.
- Traffic violations carry penalties that can affect your life and livelihood.
- Felonies are very serious crimes that may call for mandatory prison sentences, high fines, or asset forfeiture.
- White collar federal crimes are nonviolent crimes and financially motivated, but still carry serious penalties.
- Sports nutrition and anabolic steroids have highly specific laws regulating their use and control, and few firms have more experience with alleged violations of these laws than Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC
- Sex offenses and cases of domestic violence can be exceptionally difficult to defend, as prosecutors tend to pursue such convictions with unusual tenacity.
- Theft and burglary involve, respectively, taking items that belong to others and breaking into or remaining in buildings or homes without consent and with the intent of committing a crime inside.
- Arson is intentionally or maliciously lighting objects that belong to others on fire.
- Homicide and murder occur when one human kills another unlawfully. Murder is distinct from the lesser form of homicide known as manslaughter in that murder involves an intention to kill.
- Fraud is the intentional deception of another in order to gain personally or to damage the other party.
- Embezzlement involves intentionally and dishonestly taking assets that do not belong to you.
- Internet hacking is one of the fastest-evolving areas of criminal prosecution today.
Put an experienced Long Island criminal defense attorney in your corner
The Long Island criminal lawyers at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC are all former Long Island or New York assistant district attorneys. We understand the ins and outs of Nassau County criminal procedure as well as any Long Island criminal attorney practicing today. If criminal charges on Long Island are impacting your life, put our decades of combined experience to work for you today.
Former Assistant District Attorneys working for you
At Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC, we understand how prosecutors think and strategize, and can leverage this experience to your advantage. Contact us online or at 516-294-0300 to schedule a free consultation.