Rick Collins, Founding Partner
Nassau County criminal lawyer, highly experienced in sports nutrition law
Rick Collins is a former Nassau County Assistant District Attorney and current partner at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC. His legal skills and ethics have earned the highest possible accolade, the AV rating by the Martindale-Hubbell directory of lawyers. He is also listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Rick is admitted to practice in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Texas, the District of Columbia and several federal courts. In 2001 the Nassau County Bar Association presented him with the prestigious President’s Award, and he works on the Executive Committee of the Criminal Justice Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Steroids, sports nutrition, and performance-enhancing substances
Rick is also an internationally recognized legal authority on anabolic steroids and other sports-related performance-enhancing substances. He has defended cases involving these compounds across the United States, including several high-profile cases involving professional bodybuilders, BALCO, the NCAA and several professional sports leagues.
In the 1990s, Rick built www.SteroidLaw.com as an informational resource bridging the gap in knowledge between the sports and legal worlds. He also wrote a legal treatise on anabolic steroids, Legal Muscle: Anabolics in America.
You may have heard Rick speaking as a legal authority on performance-enhancing substances in the film “Bigger, Stronger, Faster,” on national television and talk radio, and in such publications as:
Rick also maintains two websites, supplementcounsel.com and steroidlaw.com, that serve as informational resources for individuals interested in learning more about these complex and constantly evolving topics.
Rick’s legal knowledge and experience span a variety of other areas as well, including matters involving wills, trusts and the administration and probate of estates. Earlier in his career, as part of the firm’s appointment by the Surrogate of Nassau County to serve as Legal Counsel to the Office of the Public Administrator, Rick handled probate and estate matters where his duties included advising on the protection and distribution of the property of deceased county residents where nobody was available to administer their estates or there were no known heirs. His experience in this area includes being appointed on a special Commission to Stockholm, Sweden in order to find and depose the nearest kin of a deceased Nassau County woman with no living relatives in America.
Long Island criminal attorneys ready to fight for you
Rick Collins and the Nassau County lawyers at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC are ready to speak to you regarding your criminal case today. Contact them online or at 516-294-0300.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York, 1984
- Member, Law Review
Special Professor of Law, Hofstra University School of Law
- Member, Law Review
- B.A., Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, 1981
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New York State Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section (Executive Committee)
- Criminal Courts Bar Association of Nassau County (Member, Past President)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Life Member)
- Former Assistant District Attorneys of Nassau County (Past President)
- New York State Defender’s Association
- Federal Bar Council
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, annual faculty member
- International Federation of BodyBuilders, official legal advisor
- International Society of Sports Nutrition, General Counsel
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2001 President’s Award of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Legal Muscle: Anabolics in America, 2002
- Alpha Male Challenge, Rodale, 2009
- Muscular Development Magazine, monthly columnist
- Nassau Lawyer, Editor-in-Chief